This is an evolving list of resources we’ve found useful.
Our Affiliated Sites
- Science on Google+ and Community: Improving the quality of science communication & public outreach.
- Biophysical Society Committee for Professional Opportunities for Women (CPOW): Increases the recognition and opportunities for women biophysicists. Contact Professor Rajini Rao
Women in STEM Websites & Organisations
- Anita Borg Institute: Supporting careers for women in technology
- Finding Ada: Anthology on women in STEM & other programs
- Million Women Mentors: Matching women in STEM to mentors
- Women in Astronomy: Scientists share personal stories of gender discrimination
- UNESCO Women in Science global report on “leaky pipeline” & interactive map.
- Inger Mewburn, Denise Cuthbert & Ekaterina Tokareva (2013) “Experiencing the progress report: an analysis of gender and administration in doctoral candidature,” Journal of Higher Education Policy and Management
- Women in STEM, Phylogenomics: Professor Jonathan Eisen advocates for diversity in STEM
Programs & Support
- Google’s Information Technology Residency Program
- Royal Society’s Wikipedia Edit-a-thons
One thought on “Resources”